“It is critical to stay abreast of changes in coding and payer billing guidelines related to coding…maintaining current knowledge is imperative for the long-term survival and safety of a practice.”
This statement is how the AMA instructs their members to prosper… and we agree. There are numerous new, revised and deleted codes to ICD10 that will implement on 10-1-2016.
Most printed publications will not have included these updates in 2016 print editions which means your Digital Coding membership continues to be the most up-to-date and accurate resource.
Here's what you need to know:
- ICD10 Codes will update on 10-1-2016 and dates of service on or after 10-1-2016 must use the updated codes
- With your active Digital Coding subscription you can access all these new codes instantaneously simply by logging in and searching: 10-1-2016
- Your search will yield over 100 results of new and updated codes that are chiropractic specific and MUST be used on or after 10-1-2016.
- 40 codes have been deleted and replaced with new codes that offer more specificity.
- Beyond the new codes specific to chiropractic there will be a list of all new, updated and deleted codes published on the site as well.
- Medicare diagnosis will also be updated and note Florida Medicare is updating on September 12, 2016.
If you've let your account lapse, just SIGN-UP HERE to get instant access to the entire Digital Coding site.
Want to see something on Digital Coding that would thrive? We prize your feedback and always welcome to hear from you.